Mike Conrad, P.E., PMP
President, Sapper West Inc.
Professional Summary of Qualifications
Colonel (retired) Mike Conrad, President of Sapper West, Inc. has over 30 years of experience in the engineering and construction fields – 27 of those years as an active duty officer in the US Army’s Corps of Engineers. Mike has led both small and large construction and engineering organizations both here in the United States and overseas. Mike retired from the Army in 2006 and actually served in 4 different Corps of Engineers organizations, while commanding two of them; Buffalo District and Sacramento District. In April of 2010 he started Sapper West, Inc. – a consulting engineer and construction/project management company. Sapper West is a Service-Disabled, Veteran-Owned, Small Business (SDVOSB) and a Disabled Veteran Business Enterprise (DVBE) in the State of California.
Mike is Project Manager Professional (PMP) and is a registered Professional Engineer (PE) in 3 states; California, Nevada, and Florida. Sapper West also has its State of California Contractor’s license (A, B, C-31).
Given Mike’s extensive Corps of Engineers background, he brings with him the following areas of expertise and experience:
- Leading large engineering organizations
- Strategic planning and organizational management and effectiveness
- Leading public sector, multi-stakeholder, collaborative processes
- Program, project, and construction management
- Communicating with public agencies and officials
- Providing water resource engineering management
- Flood risk reduction and management programs
- Safety Programs